New Year’s Eve is a big night. There's something inherently celebratory about sending off the old year and ushering in the new one that deserves breaking out the bubbly, dance moves, and party hair - or should I say pretty hair?! This is the one marathon evening for which you'll want to look your best beyond the stroke of midnight—whether it be for friends, onlookers, or yourself! Lucky for you, I’ve pulled together my top 5 favorite hair trends for the big celebration!
1. The Messy Bow Pony
If you're looking for a New Year's Eve hairstyle you won't have to think twice about, a messy ponytail wrapped in a giant bow is it. It's stylish, low-maintenance, and let's not forget, cutely packaged. To achieve this look:
- Prep hair with a sea salt spray.
- Then curl hair using a curling iron by wrapping sections loosely around the barrel.
- Once hair is curled, shake out with hands and apply dry texturizing spray to add instant boost and volume.
- To style, wrap hair in a low ponytail with your Xo Britt Ponytail, secure with a clear elastic, and place a bow, either a clip or a ribbon, on top.
- Lock in the look by spraying some more dry texturizing spray on fingers and working into the root and forward-facing pieces to loosen up the pony.
2. Sleek and Wet
"Wet" hair has become a favorite look among A-listers gracing fashion runways and red carpets. Fortunately for us, the hairstyle is easy to recreate. All you need is a wide-tooth comb, gel, and long-lasting hairspray o pull off this trendy style:
- On damp hair, comb hair straight back and work a mix of fortifying ultra gel and straightening ultra gel throughout hair, section by section, until hair is fully saturated.
- From there, place setting clips from ear to ear across the entire hairline and blow dry on low heat with a low airspeed to set the product.
- Seal in the style with an ample application of a light hairspray to ensure the look lasts all day and night.
- Work your way up to the top section of your hair, installing your one-clip and two-clip pieces as part of the half-up section of your look. Tease base of hair to give your hair a little extra volume and coverage.
- Secure the half-up ponytail with an elastic, wrapping extra hair around the base and secure with a bobby pin. Finish with hairspray and your fav pretty party hair accessory!
4. Beach Waves
News flash: Beach waves are making a splash at holiday parties. It's all about tousled texture these days, didn't you hear?
- Prep wet hair with silkening oil foam and blow out with your best blowdryer for volume and hold. Work a round brush in from section to section until fully blown out.
- Follow with an application of silkening hairspray, and then wrap hair around a wand for loose curls.
- Loosen up the look by brushing out, applying a dry texture spray, and then tousling hair with fingers to toughen up the style.
- Part hair to your desire and place an accessory to add polish to this tousled, beachy look.
5. Low Bun
The low bun is the ultimate low-maintenance look. But don't use just any old hair tie or bobby pins to fasten your hairdo in place. To keep with the spirit of the New Year, we highly encourage reaching for rhinestone-studded accessories instead.
- Start by pulling all of your hair back into a low ponytail, brushing through any bumps or snags to achieve a sleek, smooth look
- Secure with an elastic, and begin wrapping the ponytail around itself, securing the tail ends with bobby pins
- Finish off the look by accessorizing with some sparkly bobby pins, and some hairspray, of course!
That’s it for now, y’all! Be sure to keep up with me on Instagram at @xobrittaldean and don’t forget to tag me in your pretty hair pics from New Years Eve with #xobrittbabe for a chance to be featured!
Xo Britt 💋